Cockroach is a formidable insect, capable of adapting to any environment. The cockroach, also called the German cockroach, is one of the species most frequently encountered in homes around the world.
You think you have detected the presence of a cockroach? Take the time to learn using our fact sheet.
- Measures between 1.3 and 1.6 cm (0.51 to 0.52 inch)
- Its color varies from tan to pale brown
- Cockroach is winged but unable to fly
- Active by night
- The cockroach is attracted to buildings due to the hot and humid conditions found in kitchens, bathrooms, basements and piping
- Goes unnoticed for a while
- Easily spreads inside a building
- Feeds on everything she finds
- Walks and leaves excrement on food or preparation areas
- Lives near food and water containers
- Prefers restaurants and food processing establishments
- A cockroach lays 30 to 40 eggs in 3 weeks
- Can lay up to 8 egg cases (about 300 cockroaches)
Have you identified a cockroach? Call us immediately before the infestation becomes more serious! An expert will be available to answer your questions and indicate the right steps to follow.